Take a driving tour down Little Bayou Black, then stop by Ardoyne to hear the story of this Sugarcane Plantation road!
(1849) About 3 miles south of Ardoyne,
it was built by the first Shaffer to come to Terrebonne Parish. It is now used for a law office and is not open for tours.
WHAT TO SEE AT ARDOYNE:
- Original Family Furniture
- Historical Antiques
- Authentic Louisiana Paintings & Art
by Audubon, Osicran, Dysdale...
- Louisiana-made Furniture
Prudent Mallard, Duncan Pfife
- "Meet" George Washington & Nellie Custis
or maybe even Uncle Benny's Ghost!
Youth: $10.00 (Ages 6-17)
Senior: $14.00 (Ages 60 and over)
Military: $14.00 (with valid military ID)
Tour not recommended for children under 5.
Adult: $13.00 ; Youth: $8.00
School Class Groups:
Student: $6.00 ; Adult: $10.00
Teacher: Free (1 per classroom)
Discounts are for groups of 15 or more.
- Louisiana Cypress Knee Dolls
- 300+ Antique Travel Spoons
- Plantation Workers Pay Tokens
- Antique quilts, needlework
- Newcomb Pottery
- Over 2000 Books
- Wood Carvings
and so much more!
Call us or visit www.viator.com
to check available tour dates and times.
- Closed: New Year's Eve and Day, Fat Tuesday, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve/ Day.
- Large groups (15+) must call 985-804-2271 or email us at ArdoynePlantation@aol.com
to reserve tour times.
Bus and School Tours Welcome!
- Astounding Architectural Features:
- 75 Foot Tower & Gingerbread Trim
- Octagonal Sugarcane Plantation Office
- Unique Hand-Painted Staircase
- 16 Foot High Cove-Molded Ceilings
- Gothic Gasoliers
- Hand-carved Fireplace Griffins
- Original Tiles
- Original Hand-stamped Wallpaper
(1874) This cottage is located 1.5 miles
south of Ardoyne directly across from the Country Club on Hwy 311. It is privately owned and not open to the public.
HISTORICAL HOME TOURS AND EVENTS
(1859 & 1893) Known as the pink house, it is located about 7 miles south of Ardoyne. Bedroom furniture displayed here came from Ardoyne Plantation. It is open for tours and events and also houses a gift shop. www.southdownmuseum.org
(1834) Located 5 miles north of Ardoyne.
It was used as a Union hospital during the Civil War. It is currently a private home and
is not open for tours.
Guided Tours Given:
(No appointment necessary for
individuals and small groups)
Tuesday - Saturday
9:30 AM, 11:30 AM & 2:00 PM
Other times available by appointment.